Friends will be having a fundraiser Garage Sale on February 24-26. If you have any items you would like to donate please contact Barb Howard at TampaBayRefuges@msn.com or 727 343-1272.
- Ales & Wild Tails for February is canceled – logistics problem. We should be back in March, watch your emails.
- Annual Meeting: Sunday February 19 from 1:30 – 5 pm at the Sunshine Center, 330 5th St N, St Pete. Don’t forget to RSVP please.
- Volunteer opportunities:
Indian Rocks Beach Green Fest – March 25, 2017 – need volunteers
St Pete Earth Day Celebration – April 22, 2017 in Williams Park, St Petersburg – need volunteers
Green Thumb – April 22 & 23, 2017 in St Petersburg – need volunteers
SharkCon – July 8 & 9, 2017 at the Florida Fairgrounds in Tampa – need volunteers
- Pinellas Bird Surveys:
February 7, Tuesday
March 11, Saturday
April 8, Saturday
May 9, Tuesday
- Guardhouse Docents: Spring Break dates March 11, 12, 13,14,15,16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 24, 25, 26, 2017. Please let Barb H know if you’d like a date 727-343-1272 or TampaBayRefuges@msn.com.
Watch your emails for upcoming field trips and the Annual Egmont Key Boat Tour of the nesting birds (tentative date mid to late June)
If you’d like to volunteer to help on any bird surveys, in the Guardhouse as a docent, or at the festivals please contact Barb TampaBayRefuges@msn.com or 727-343-1272.
On Going Fund Raisers
Additional Volunteer Opportunities:
Pinellas Refuge Cleanups:
- To be announced.
- Help Friends raise money by using the search engine www.Goodsearch.com. When the site asks “Who do you search for?”, type Friends of Tampa Bay National Wildlife Refuges and click Verify. The site should respond with Friends of the Tampa Bay National Wildlife Refuges, St Petersburg, FL. For each search you make through Goodsearch, 1 cent is credited to Friends. If you shop online, follow the shop link at Goodsearch to your favorite stores and a portion of your purchase price will be donated to Friends. Help support this painless and easy way to raise funds for us!
- You can purchase high quality re-manufactured ink cartridges at our link www.planetgreenrecycle.com/friendsoftampa Friends receive a 15% donation from you purchase. We also raise funds by collecting and recycling ink cartridges. They can be brought to any meeting or event.
- Shop at www.sensingnature.com put Friends of Tampa Bay NWR in the company spot on your order form and Friends will receive a donation – shop now, this is for a limited time.
Board/planning meetings are held the 2nd Monday of each month at the Panera Bread, 10801 Starkey Road, Largo. Join us at 6 p.m. to socialize and have a bite to eat, the meeting starts at 6:30 p.m. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend. If you would like to participate please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.