Egmont Key Bird Sanctuary Tour
Egmont Key Bird Sanctuary Boat Tour with Friends of the Tampa Bay National Wildlife Refuges
- Individual Guests or non-members $45 each. You will receive a 1-year individual membership.
- Family of 2 guests or non-members $85. You will receive a 1-year family membership. Additional family members add $30 ea.
- Questions: call Barb Howard at 727 512-4914 or email TampaBayRefuges@msn.com
Saturday June 12th 2021 from 5-8 pm Boat Tour Full
More tours are being added. Will add information once dates are confirmed.
Reservations and prepayment required
Join us for our eighth annual (well, except we had to skip 2020) tour of the Egmont Key Bird Sanctuary with a stop at the Egmont Key Guardhouse, Ft Dade ruins, Lighthouse, and hopefully a Black Skimmer colony.
The Egmont Key Ferry will take us around the south tip of Egmont Key to see the areas where 40,000+ pairs of birds are nesting. (These areas are not accessible by foot and only seen by visitors with boats). The chicks from our Laughing gulls, Royal terns, & Sandwich terns should be out on the beaches exploring. It is quite the spectacle. Brown Pelicans, White ibis, and American Oystercatchers also nest on Egmont. Arrive at the Bay Pier at Ft DeSoto no later than 4:30pm to get checked in.
Space is limited and this event sells out quickly. If the trip on June 12 sells out and there is enough demand we may be able to schedule a second trip.
Send your reservation to TampaBayRefuges@msn.com (we will send payment info with your reservation confirmation).
- Friends of the Tampa Bay NWR Members: $30 each
- Individual Guests or non-members: $45 each. You will receive a 1-year individual membership.
- Family of 2 guests or non-members: $85. You will receive a 1-year family membership. Additional family members add $30 ea.
- Questions: Call Barb Howard at 727 512-4914 or email TampaBayRefuges@msn.com